Wall Mounted Jib Crane
- Low cost method of manipulating loads where lifting space can be limited to between 180 and 270 of rotation provided by a wall or column mounted jib crane and where repetitive lifts are not required.
- Wall mounted jib cranes utilize existing structures for support which eliminates the need to increase floor obstructions by adding additional columns.
- Costly foundations are not required.
- Capacities are limited by the size of your existing walls or columns. (In some cases CraneWerks can reinforce existing structures for increased capacity)
- Lighter loads can be handled with enclosed rail systems while heavier capacities require structural steel beams.
- One of the largest disadvantages to the use of wall mounted jib cranes is the high cost of engineering needed to determine if the building structure that they are going to be attached to will support them.
Wall Bracketed Jib
The wall bracketed workstation jib crane is designed to have a tie rod supporting the end of the jib and fastened to the supporting structure at some pre-determined distance above the lower hinge which is also connected to the existing support structure. The advantage to the wall bracketed jib crane is its low cost.
CAUTION: Industrial Cranes, Jib Cranes, Workstation Jib Cranes
The size and design of the building structure that these types of jib cranes are to be fastened to need to be carefully evaluated to determine that they will properly resist the loads of the jib cranes in all directions. CraneWerks can provide information concerning the forces that will be exerted by all the workstation jib cranes we provide. Additionally we can provide engineering services to determine if your building structure will adequately and safely support the jib that your require.
Drawings, which illustrate the proper location of their hinges, are provided with all jibs. Installation bolts (bolts that fasten the jib crane’s hinges to the building structure) are not normally provided. CraneWerks can provide these as an option after gathering additional information from you concerning the building steel sizes to which you wish to attach.
For more information on wall mounted jib cranes or any of CraneWerks’ industrial cranes, or to request a quote, please use the following request for quote button or call a member of our team today.
Need a quote in a hurry?
Most Wall Mounted Jib Cranes can be quoted same day if needed.