Easy to relocate, lengthen, or otherwise modify to accommodate for today’s evolving production and material handling tasks.
These low maintenance bridge crane systems offer unbeatable hook height when
ample floor space is available.
Knee Braced Overhead Crane Runway Details
- Capacities typically range from 1 to 25 ton and higher.
- Spans available up to 100 ft and longer.
- Unlimited runway lengths.
- Supports mount directly to a 6 inch concrete slab or reinforced concrete footers.
- Hand gear, push type, electric and pneumatic cranes available.
- Many configurations pre-engineered for quick delivery.
- Ships complete with:
- runway electrification
- assembly manual
- anchor bolts are provided when foundations are not required.
- Complete Auto CAD drawings included.
- Runway designs follow AISC specifications.
- All systems are approved by a licensed PE.
- Food grade and other non corrosive equipment is available
- Precast mold changes
- Plasma cutting center
- Laser tables
- Tool and die maintenance
- Plastic injection mold handling
- General material handling
- Concrete product manufacturing
- Steel yards
- Foundry magnet crane applications
- Leased warehouse or parking lot space conversion
- Bolt together construction allows for easy installation, relocation, and expansion
Free standing knee braced industrial crane systems are great where maximum hook height is desired and where additional floor obstructions created by the knee braces are not problematic. Because the system is braced this way, it does not require any attachment back to the building or other structures. Because knee braced crane structures do not require support headers across the top of the system, they allow the overhead bridge crane to ride on the very top of the structure giving maximum hook height. In many cases the additional hook height provided by this design can be an incredible 10 to 24 inches.
Multiple Cranes Sharing the Same Runway
Maximize production space by adding a second or third overhead bridge crane onto a runway. This will allow you to increase productivity as well as manipulate loads that may require more than one pick point. Adding a second bridge crane can, at times, increase the capacity of the overall system by splitting the weight of a heavy load between the two cranes. When using multiple industrial cranes on one runway optional load summing devices can be utilized. These devices can estimate the weight of the load on each crane to prevent overloading the runway.
CraneWerks Turnkey Systems
CraneWerks’ engineers provide engineering consultation, troubleshooting, and support from initial design through installation and follow-up. We offer pre-engineered, design build, and turnkey industrial crane systems through our dealer network throughout the United States. CraneWerks’ systems can be customer installed, dealer installed, or installed nationwide by CraneWerks technicians.
For a CraneWerks quote on a free standing, top running, knee braced bridge crane system; please fill out one of the following Request for Quote Forms. To learn more about our complete lineup of industrial crane systems; or for answers to other questions, please call 888-544-2121 or contact us.
Quotes on all standard runway systems are available within twenty-four hours.