Job Openings at CraneWerks
511 N. Range Line Road
Morristown, Indiana 46161
- Minimum 3 years mechanical maintenance experience, 3 phase electrical & controls experience with troubleshooting. Repair and inspection of overhead industrial cranes and hoists, and VFD experience a plus.
- Clean Driving Record, Fleet Vehicles Provided
- Commitment to Excellent Customer Service
- Excellent Written & Oral Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Pass Drug Screening
- Ability to Travel
- Able to Work Extended Hours
- Can Work Independently / as a Team
Fabricate, position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or subunits. Follow blueprints and layout specifications, using jigs, welding torches, and hand tools.
**• Study engineering drawings and blueprints to determine materials requirements and task sequences.
- Move parts into position, manually or with hoists or cranes.
- Lay out and examine metal stock or work pieces to be processed to ensure that specifications are met.
- Verify conformance of work pieces to specifications, using squares, rulers, and measuring tapes.
- Tack-weld fitted parts together.
- Remove high spots and cut bevels, using hand files, portable grinders, and cutting torches.
- Locate and mark work piece bending and cutting lines, allowing for stock thickness, machine and welding shrinkage, and other component specifications.
- Hammer, chip, and grind work pieces to cut, bend, and straighten metal.
- Set up face blocks, jigs, and fixtures.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, grinders, and drill presses, to bend, cut, form, punch, drill, or otherwise form and assemble metal components.
- Smooth work piece edges .
- Straighten warped or bent parts, using sledges, hand torches, or straightening presses.
- Align and fit parts according to specifications, using jacks, wedges, drift pins, pry bars, and hammers.
- Design and construct templates and fixtures, using hand tools.
- Mark reference points onto floors or face blocks and transpose them to work pieces, using measuring devices, squares, chalk, and soapstone.
- Lift or move materials and finished products, using large cranes.
- Preheat work pieces to make them malleable, using hand torches .
- Erect ladders and scaffolding to fit together large assemblies.